About the Department
- In Memoriam: John A. DeSimonem Ph.D.
- Selected for Biophysical Journal Best of 2018: Victor De La Rosa & I. Scott Ramsey. Gating Currents in the Hv1 Proton Channel. Biophysical J. 114:2844-2854, 2018.
- Dr. Montserrat Samso promoted to Associate Professor with Tenure.
- Drs. Javier Gonzalez-Maeso, John C. Hackett, and Vijay Lyall awarded tenure as Associate Professor.
- In Memoriam: Stephen F. Cleary, Ph.D.
- A trio of Physiology alumni speak with current students about connections and collaborations
- Denny Hamlin Foundation donates $50,000 to cystic fibrosis research at Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU
- Dr. Javier Gonzalez-Maeso joins the faculty of Physiology & Biophysics at the VCU School of Medicine.
- Drs. Lei Zhou and Qinglian Liu are promoted to Associate Professors with tenure.
- Dr. Diomedes Logothetis receives the School of Medicine's Distinguished Mentor Award for 2014.
- Dr. Clive Baumgarten receives the School of Medicine's 2013 Enrique Gerzsten, M.D. Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- Dr. Louis DeFelice receives School of Medicine's Distinguished Mentor Award for 2012.
- Dr. Joseph Feher's new book (Quantitative Human Physiology: An Introduction) has been published. It is the newest in the Academic Press Series in Biomedical Engineering.
- Dr. Louis DeFelice speaks about "designer drugs" transcript (video)
- We are proud to announce that Dr. Leon Avery, most recently on the faculty of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, has joined the faculty of the Department of Physiology and Biophysics, VCU
- Third Annual Graduate Program Retreat, August 27, 2011
- Dr. Clive M. Baumgarten has been named Richmond Heart Hero by the AHA
- Dr. Richard Costanzo has received the School of Medicine 2010 Distinguished Mentor Award.
- Drs. Carlos Escalante and I. Scott Ramsey have received notification that their grant proposals have been approved and will be funded.
- Dr. Louis De Felice to direct Channels and Transporters meeting, May 11-17, 2011 in Erice, Sicily.
- Dr. Carlos Escalante’s proposal to elucidate the mechanism of Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV) mediated site-specific integration in order to improve current AAV based gene therapy protocols has been ranked in the upper 5%. Formal notification of NIH funding is expected soon.
- Dr. Diomedes Logothetis has accepted an appointment to the Electrical Signaling, Ion Transport, and Arrhythmias Study Section of the NIH Center for Scientific Review for the period July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2014.
- Dr. Linda Costanzo, recipient of more than 60 awards for teaching excellence, delivers her final lecture in the School of Medicine.
- In Memoriam: F. Norman Briggs, Ph.D.
- School of Medicine Awards: Teaching Excellence Award to Dr. Raphael Witorsch; Distinguished Mentor award to Dr. Clive Baumgarten
- Department hosts 2009 SURP Symposium
- Important art collection of Dr. and Mrs. Ernst Fischer (former department Chair) is acquired by Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Student Academic Awards, May 2009
- Louis De Felice, Ph.D., Joins the NTRC Study Section
- Physiology Professor Helps Students Attain Record Step I Board Scores, October 2008
- Department holds first SURP Symposium, August 2008
- Student Academic Awards, May 2008
- Nineteenth Annual Distinguished Lecturer In Physiology and Biophysics, April 2008
- Dr. Diomedes Logothetis Appointed Professor and John D. Bower Chair